mardi 8 novembre 2011

A poem about - METH

Few years ago, i was working as one of the peer-counselors on Campus dealing with students struggling with drugs and substance abuse. I learned a thing or two when it comes to people relationships with street-drugs. It is nasty!

Anyway, i read this poem about one of those narcotic drugs and it reminded me old memories. More so, i loved the poetic style and prose in which the author speaks about it.

Enjoy!

E.G
 ...
Title: A poem about meth

My Name: "Is Meth"

I destroy homes, I tear families apart, take your children, and that's just the
start.

I'm more costly than diamonds, more precious than gold.

The sorrow I bring is a sight to behold.

If you need me, remember I'm easily found;

I live all around you in schools and in town.

I live with the rich; I live with the poor, I live down the street, and maybe
next door.

I'm made in a lab, but not like you think, I can be made under the kitchen sink,

In your child's closet, and even in the woods.

If this scares you to death, well it certainly should.

I have many names, but there's one you know best,

I'm sure you've heard of me, my name is crystal meth.

My power is awesome; try me you'll see,

But if you do, you may never break free.

Just try me once and I might let you go,

But try me twice, and I'll own your soul.

When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie,

You do what you have to -- just to get high.

The crimes you'll commit for my narcotic charms

Will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in your arms.

You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad,

When you see their tears, you should feel sad.

But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised,

I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways.

I take kids from parents, and parents from kids,

I turn people from God, and separate friends.

I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride,

I'll be with you always -- right by your side.

You'll give up everything - your family, your home,

Your friends, your money, then you'll be alone.

I'll take and take, till you have nothing more to give,

When I'm finished with you, you'll be luck[y if you are not dead].

By Danelle Paris ([] added by E.G)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire