jeudi 24 novembre 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

Image result for thanksgiving quotesHappy Thanksgiving to all. There is much to thank the Lord for. It has been quite an eventful year. Some of the things I am grateful for are as follow:


  • Early this year 2016, I finally go my driving license. I have been after this one since 2005 when I was still a student in Pretoria. I frankly never thought I will ever see the day when I finally get it. I accepted it and even found a way around it by hiring a personal driver. Thanks to God, my wife wasn't willing to let these crippling experiences stop me. I went for my 'last' driving test warning her that if this failed as the others, I was done with it and she will have to accept it and live with it. That was end 2015. My last test turned out to be great. My execution was flawless. I got my Driving license finally! I still can't believe at time that I've got it. Now I understand why people in Rwanda celebrate as much when they get their driving licence as they do when they graduate from University.
  • Talking about graduation .... since I graduated I have longed to go back to school but I was pretty unsuccessful to get an admission that fitted my career path and interest. I then finally got the opportunity to get my admission to one of our elite graduate Business Schools. The entry was competitive and the seat limited. Thanks to God I made it through the entry exams and secured for myself a spot. This was early 2014. Early this year I finally graduated, and got my MBA.
  • I am grateful for the way God used this MBA to open for me financial doors since then. In one year, I got into two consultancy related Jobs that went a long way to cover all my outstanding tuition fees in less than a year. Not bad for a first Job. 
  • I thank God for allowing me to put my spiritual gifting in the service of the Master for the progress of the Kingdom of God. I have been given opportunities to preach at church settings, christian ministries and christian associations. I have also been involved in Christian apologetic through prolonged debates online (Facebook and What's App). It is always a refreshing moment when the Lord grants me the opportunity to serve him. And for that I am eternally grateful to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
  • I thank God for all the opportunities for learning, self-discovery and book readings. I thank God for the good materials that I came across throughout this year and for all the meaningful books and audio-books that were shared with me by good friends.
  • How can I end my thanks without mentioning the U.S. Election. I thank the Lord for President-Elect Donald Trump. My friends and families know very well why I am grateful for it, they thought I would never shut up about Trump since I started talking about him in July 2015. It has been a long and tough full year for all Trump supporters, American and otherwise. The finish line on November 8th, 2016 made it worth it and it was unforgettable. I am not about to forget this year any time soon. It was a year of vindication.
I end this post by Thanking my wife, my kid, my friends and my family living in Rwanda and abroad for their love and graciousness. Thank God for all of you, for your good health and I pray that the coming year 2017 be a great and blessed year for you and your loved ones. I wish you all much prosperity and good tidings. God bless you all!

2 commentaires:

  1. I'm thankful to have you as a brother and unofficial mentor.. You don't know how much I've learned from you. Thank you for being a good big bro!
    --Steve Gatera

    RépondreSupprimer