mardi 25 avril 2017

Conversation on Justification: Test The Spirit - Part 5


This is my final response in my conversation with A on the different type of justifications as found in the Bible. You can check the previous conversation here, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4.

...

Hi A,

It was a pleasure to interact with you on these important matter in order to do justice to the whole counsel of God and not only part of it. Since you are not a teacher of the word of God as you pointed out, I would like to encourage you if you may allow me to advise on these two key points that has helped me in my walk with God when I first started:

A) To look for teachers of the word,

1) that demonstrate an alignment with Acts 20:27 which says,

"car je vous ai annoncé tout le conseil de Dieu, sans en rien cacher." -Acts 20:27

"For I did not keep back from declaring to you all the counsel of God." - Act 20:27   

It is important that those who teaches you show that they are comfortable with all the counsel of God and not only part of it and do not avoid discussing thoroughly and contextually other part of the scriptures they find enervating to their theologies.

2) that understand precision when they deal with textual biblical subjects

"Do your best to present yourself to God as an approved worker who has nothing to be ashamed of, handling the word of truth with precision." - 2Timothy 2:15  

It is important that the one who teaches you do not substitute the words in the scriptures with their own words in order to avoid the clear biblical remarks because they happen to dislike what the scriptures say.


B) to be a good student and learner of the word of God

1) Verify whatever they teach you regardless of your personal appreciation of them 

"These people were more receptive than those in Thessalonica. They were very willing to receive the message, and every day they carefully examined the Scriptures to see if those things were so." - Acts 17:11   

The story of the believers of Berea have become quite legendary, so pardon me to re-emphasize it again. The Bereans were noble and receptive people with regards to the word of God because though they were receiving the word of God (the message) with willingness from the Apostle Paul, they nevertheless verified and carefully examined if what St. Paul was teaching them was true scripturally. I see a level of Berean in you, that although you received my message that day, you wanted to know more about the truthfulness of what I thought afterward. I encourage you to not stop there but go the full mile and embrace the scripture whole heartedly by avoiding any temptation to edit the word but to agree with it. 

2) Test your teachers 

"Dear friends, stop believing every spirit. Instead, test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." - 1John 4:1   

Always test those who teach even if you happen to be a fan of that person. Verify and if what he says is clearly contrary to the word of God then you know he is leading you in error. If you hear a teacher say, "man is justified by faith ALONE" then you know that he is in error in that particular belief because the bible clearly and unambiguously say that "man is justified by actions and not by faith alone" in James 2:24. Test and never be satisfied unless you have the truth, for God's word is the truth and not man or preachers fiery sermons or clever illustrations which are poor substitute to biblical truth.

Stick to the truth and you will never be manipulated by crowd or well polished or well spoken public speakers or charismatic figures.

I hope we will meet again one of these days. :)

If 'L' invites me again, I shall be sharing few biblical teaching in the month of May and I hope if you are there you will be able to test me again to see if what I say is found in the scriptures. On my side I will endeavor to stick to the word of God (Scriptures) all the way through my many teachings.

Have a pleasant and bless weekend A. and my greetings to your spouse for me.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire