mercredi 4 avril 2012

Why the Need of Apologetic?

I was planning to send my review of the debate that opposed Living Word Association (LWA) to the Primitive Church (PC) aka the Brahnamists couple of years ago.

However before I sent that to my readers, I needed them to understand that the uniqueness of this debate was an effort of an Apologetic service to the body of Christ. Not everybody does that but it is still not less important and needed.


Below is an article that i found quite educative on the subject.
....

During a conversation at a major apologetics event recently held in a large church, an attendee asked me what "apologetics" meant. I explained to her that apologetics is the branch of Christian theology that seeks to address the intellectual obstacles that keep people from taking the Gospel of Jesus Christ seriously. I gave her some examples of questions that are important in the context of apologetics. For example, why does evil exist if the world was created by an all-good, all-powerful God? How do we know Christianity is true in
light of the numerous religions that exist in the world?

I finished my answer to her by quoting 1 Peter 3:15, which instructs us to be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks for the reason for the hope that is within us. Her reaction was surprising.

"Are you sure the Bible says that?" she asked.

I assured her that it does. I explained to her that the word translated "answer" in that verse is the Greek word apologia that means "defense" and from which we get the English word apologetics. She had been a faithful member of a prominent evangelical church for most of her life, and yet she did not understand the
meaning or importance of apologetics in the life of the local church.

Read more here.
Check My Book here.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire