jeudi 10 novembre 2011

My Apologetic Genesis


It was the year 2005 and I had just return from a Christian Camp with a new book from an unknown author. The book was simply titled 'Mere Christianity' by C.S Lewis. The Christian Camp was organized through the synergy of all Christian groups from major South African Universities. They took us to a far far away province for a three unforgettable days of discipleship. Patrick Nyirishema insisted that I should join him at that event. Patrick N. was a very close friend of mine with great spiritual maturity. He finally convinced me despite my hesitation to join the event due to the financial involvement such a 3-day-trip would have cost me.

What I didn't know at that time, 1) is that this Christian Camp event as well as the name C.S Lewis will forever be imprinted in my memory and 2) that I was about to be introduced to a new world of Christianity that I had never suspected existed. From this single book, my reading taste changed dramatically. I couldn't buy any other book but books of the same genre. My love for apologetic (i.e reasonable faith) was born.

Shortly after that event I read a short book with an unassuming cover page that literally exposed me to a new stream of apologetic thinking. C.S Lewis' book, 'Mere Christianity' was what I would consider philosophical apologetic. This new small book was 'historical apologetic'. So impressed by that I bought multiple copies and gave them away to any skeptics who dared show me the smallest resistance when I shared the Gospel. You probably heard of Josh McDowell legendary small book 'More Than A Carpenter'.

I do not remember reading any other book before that exposed me to a series of uninterrupted historical evidences and arguments in favor of Christianity. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't shut up. I felt vindicated in my faith. I felt invulnerable and absolutely confident! Oh .. les beaux vieux temps! I miss them. Snifffff!

Anyway ... I am telling all this to tell you that since that time I have been encountering Josh MacDowell's arguments almost everywhere. Having had a different exposure than some of you in my readings, I thought of sharing with you something that read similarly to what I read in Josh's book couple of years back. I thought it would be nice of me to do that. It's nostalgic ... sniff! I found it at this website and i think it might interest you. It is just one of the many argument that you find in 'More Than A Carpenter'.

May the Lord bless you and increase your faith so that you may do more good works.

Blessings in Jesus' name.
Check My Book here or here

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire