mardi 24 juillet 2012

Is Jesus against Works and Religion?

After reading this Facebook comments:
Jesus says: “Come to me and find rest!” Religion says: “Get to work!”
It dawned on me that some folks don't really read carefully their Bible. It is very unfortunate. This amount simply to this question, "Does the Bible teach us that Jesus was against Works and Religion?" So below was my two responses to that sentenced. I thought it could help you too.
Check My Book here or more here.
.....
  • Careful not to misrepresent Jesus words: “28 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my YOKE upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my YOKE is easy and my BURDEN is light.” Matthew11:28-30

    Jesus did not promised a yoke-less life or a burden-less life. He clearly said that he will exchange our burden for his burden and yoke. the word yoke here is "zugos" which also means servitude in a sense of a law or an obligation. The word for burden here is "phortion" which also means a task or a service. (eSword Greek and Hebrew biblical dictionary).


  • Eric Gatera Secondo, religion is not a problem and never was the problem. But the kind of religion people embrace is the problem. Jesus religion is a good religion, it is a pure religion. "Pure RELIGION and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." - James 1:27 - NIV.

    The problem with this world these days (last days) is not that people have become religious, but rather that people have become irreligious: "1 Remember that there will be difficult times in the last days.2 People will be selfish, greedy, boastful, and conceited; they will be insulting, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, and IRRELIGIOUS;3 they will be unkind, merciless, slanderers, violent, and fierce; they will hate the good;" 1Timothy3:1-3 - Good News Translation (GNT)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire